The Women in Leadership Program, delivered by Creative Metier, targets high potential women managers in microfinance institutions who have demonstrated the ability to lead people in the organization and who are being considered for more senior leadership positions.Eligible candidates are women professionals who are motivated to take on new leadership challenges and opportunities. Participants develop their own road map to leadership and leave with an individualized action plan, as well as peer support, to help them achieve their goals.
The course provides an opportunity for women leaders to analyze their leadership impact and plan their own development towards their leadership vision and goal. The course is designed to help participants:
- Increase their understanding of various models of leadership, gender and culture and use these as a foundation to define their own leadership values and vision
- Better understand their individual styles and preferences and identify behaviors that can help them implement their leadership vision
- Practice giving and receiving feedback and how to successfully lead through difficult situations
- Develop strategies and skills to build and maintain mutually challenging and supportive relationships with other women leaders
Participants will complete the program with an individualized plan for implementation of their vision and tools to evaluate their success.
- Program Costs: Program costs include tuition, housing (based on double occupancy), breakfast and lunch, and course materials. Once your application has been approved, you will be sent information on submitting the conference fee payment.
- Hotel: WWB will arrange all hotel reservations. Hotel details will be provided once the individual’s application has been approved and registration has been completed.
- Travel: Participants are responsible for making all of their own travel arrangements including flights, visas (where applicable), and ground transportation to and from the hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are part of the conference package. A group dinner will be held one evening during the workshop. More information on the welcome dinner will be included in your welcome package. Participants are required to cover all additional dinners during the course of the training.
For questions about the program, please contact the center: http://leadership.swwb.org/contact